October 25, 2014, 09:36:54 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Non-Snappy Movement 1.0.1.1609  (Read 6917 times)
Anach
Galactic Modderator
Modding Guru

« on: August 17, 2009, 12:44:11 AM »

Code:
Non-Snappy Movement 1.0.1.1609
Modification for SWG (tested with Game Update 16.9)
by Anach & Caveman
ModSource @ http://www.modsource.org
------------------------------------
TABLE OF CONTENTS
I. INTRODUCTION
II. INSTALLATION
III. UNINSTALLATION
IV. VERSION HISTORY
V. INCLUDED FILES
VI. KNOWN ISSUES
VII. MISCELLANEOUS
VIII. CREDITS
I. INTRODUCTION
This modification returns the acceleration and deceleration of player movement in SWG to closer resemble that of pre-CU SWG.

It makes the character easier to control in tight areas by reducing the sudden gain of speed. It will also reduce or eliminat the sliding effect when changing direction.
II. INSTALLATION
1. To install the modification, simply execute the .exe file that is included in this archive.
2. The Installer will start.
It will check if you have the prerequisites installed. Make sure that you have uninstalled any old or incompatible versions of mods first (see the next section of this readme for instructions on how to do it).
If you have any other versions of this modification installed, the Installer will prompt you to uninstall it first. It's recommended to allow it to do so.
3. Make sure to follow the on-screen instructions closely. Sometimes during the installation, important information regarding the Installation will be displayed. Please read all information thouroughly and follow the instructions closely.
4. The Installer offers default settings for a quick installation as well as a custom installation that will allow you to configure the modification to your individual preferences. Simply check or uncheck the components you wish or do not wish to install. Hover your mouse cursor over an option and read the information to the right to see what each option does and which files it installs to which folders.
5. When prompted, choose the directory where SWG is installed in on your computer. If you wish to install this modification for Test Center, point it to the TestCenter directory (note that the current version of Test center may be incompatible with the current version of this modification as it's designed for live use).
6. When the installation is complete, start the game and enjoy!

Note: This mod will install folders with the included files into the game directory that will be used instead of the files in the game. No actual SWG game files will be overwritten. You can only run part of the files or all of them at once for the full experience. Read section VII. to see which files do what. Feel free to simply rename or delete the files you do not wish to use from the appropriate folder of your SWG directory.
III. UNINSTALLATION
To uninstall the mod, simply do the following:
1. Open your Windows Start Menu. Go to the Start Menu Folder the Installer created for you (Default is (All) Programs\Games\<Mod Name>) and click on the Uninstall the modification shortcut.
If you have deleted your Start Menu shortcuts or chosen not to create them on install, you can also use Windows 7's Uninstall a program, Windows Vista's Uninstall or Change a Program or Add/Remove Programs (Windows XP and earlier).
Alternatively, you can go to the Mods\<mod name> Folder inside your main SWG directory (default is C:\Program Files\StarWarsGalaxies) and manually run the Uninstaller file Uninstall the Species Fix Pack modification.exe.
2. Follow the On-Screen Instructions closely. The Uninstaller will now remove the files and folders previously created by the installer and attempt to restore any backups of the replaced files and folders from before the installation.
3. The Deinstallation will be complete.
IV. VERSION HISTORY

Version 1.0.1.1609 (May 20, 2010)
- Fixed an issue with the installer backup code and uninstaller which could cause conflicing mods that had been uninstalled before the mod to get falsely uninstalled

Version 1.0.0.1607 (May 10, 2010)
- Added fully functional installer/uninstaller

Version 0.2 (June 28, 2010)
- Undid changes to speed

Version 0.1 (June 27, 2008)
- First changes testing.
V. INCLUDED FILES

The following files have been included in this archive:

Readme.txt Readme file

\object\creature\player\base\
shared_base_player.iff File that enables non-snappy movement
VI. KNOWN ISSUES
- No issues are currently known.
VII. MISCELLANEOUS
Nothing much to say at the moment. Other than it's early days.

VIII. CREDITS
Thanks go out to all the modders out there that have actively or passively contributed to this mod!
Special thanks to the people at ModSource - YOUR source for SWG modding stuff - http://www.modsource.org for initially hosting this mod.
DISCLAIMER: The author(s) of these files do not accept any responsibility for anything related to them. Use at your own risk! Please ask the respective author(s) if you want to use these files for anything else.

* Non-Snappy_Movement.zip (346.12 KB - downloaded 668 times.)
« Last Edit: May 20, 2010, 08:40:55 AM by Caveman » Logged
Caveman
ModSource Administrator
Modding Grandmaster

« Reply #1 on: August 17, 2009, 03:11:38 AM »

The following video should give a good example of the differences:

This modification is part of the Unguilded Mod Collection.
« Last Edit: May 20, 2010, 08:41:21 AM by Caveman » Logged
DKCS19
Modding Nudist

« Reply #2 on: August 30, 2009, 03:24:50 PM »

Downloaded the mod and got kinda annoying because I would always over run my target in pvp, so I got rid of the included files and the mod is still active somehow. Anyone have this problem? suggestions on how to get rid of it?
Tziena
Galactic Modderator
Modding Nudist

« Reply #3 on: August 30, 2009, 04:50:21 PM »

Downloaded the mod and got kinda annoying because I would always over run my target in pvp, so I got rid of the included files and the mod is still active somehow. Anyone have this problem? suggestions on how to get rid of it?

Which files exactly did you remove?
DKCS19
Modding Nudist

« Reply #4 on: August 30, 2009, 05:27:55 PM »

I removed the Objects folder which had creature, then player then base and then Shared_base_player.iff
Arget
Padawan Modder

« Reply #5 on: August 30, 2009, 07:38:36 PM »

I removed the Objects folder which had creature, then player then base and then Shared_base_player.iff
that should have done the job, try doing a full scan to and see if that fixes it. if not them delete all of your mods and reinstall the ones you had liked.
DKCS19
Modding Nudist

« Reply #6 on: August 30, 2009, 07:48:15 PM »

Fixed, full scan did the trick. Not sure why I didn't think of doing that haha thanks for the help
Arget
Padawan Modder

« Reply #7 on: August 30, 2009, 07:50:41 PM »

Fixed, full scan did the trick. Not sure why I didn't think of doing that haha thanks for the help
no problem, it's what i attempt to do. but yeah full scan fixes more then one would think.
Arget
Padawan Modder

« Reply #8 on: August 30, 2009, 09:17:52 PM »

woah it feels sooooooooo weird not just jumping to light speed when you go to run. it adds something to the game that is kinda cool though thanks.
JarekCyphus
Modder Knight

« Reply #9 on: September 01, 2009, 02:02:15 AM »

I had to have this mod.  The realism that this mod on its own injects back into the game is tremendous.  I hated that benny hill movement we got with the NGE, and this is the answer to that problem.  Being that I'm not a Jedi, I suppose I don't have that "overshooting" problem that some do in PvP, as I think it makes it a little easier as a BH.  I know having 60fps when I play makes BH'ing a little more "real time."  Wink
Solace
Modding Nudist

« Reply #10 on: September 01, 2009, 11:22:34 AM »

The second time in the video, he moved faster - does this mod give an advantage in letting you run faster than other players?
Tzimovo
Modding Nudist

« Reply #11 on: September 01, 2009, 05:14:42 PM »

Nope, I still run exactly as fast as any other toon around me. No advantage there.
Caveman
ModSource Administrator
Modding Grandmaster

« Reply #12 on: May 12, 2010, 10:18:42 AM »

Quote from: Update
Version 1.0.0.1607 (May 10, 2010)
- Added fully functional installer/uninstaller
Schnacken
Modding Nudist

« Reply #13 on: May 18, 2010, 06:10:08 AM »

gnaaaa why every time this silly installers -.-
Caveman
ModSource Administrator
Modding Grandmaster

« Reply #14 on: May 20, 2010, 08:41:52 AM »

Quote from: Update
Version 1.0.1.1609 (May 20, 2010)
- Fixed an issue with the installer backup code and uninstaller which could cause conflicing mods that had been uninstalled before the mod to get falsely uninstalled
andba
Modding Nudist

« Reply #15 on: September 06, 2010, 11:25:16 AM »

Dont wanna sound like a noob but what is a full scan and how in the world do I do it? This mod is absolutely destroying me in pvp Sad please help!
Hendar
Modder Youngling

Euro-FarStar - SEA

« Reply #16 on: September 07, 2010, 04:12:29 AM »

Dont wanna sound like a noob but what is a full scan and how in the world do I do it? This mod is absolutely destroying me in pvp Sad please help!

It does a scan everytime you open station launcher.
Anach
Galactic Modderator
Modding Guru

« Reply #17 on: September 18, 2010, 03:00:44 AM »

Thanks for keeping things updated Caveman. Smiley

Caveman
ModSource Administrator
Modding Grandmaster

« Reply #18 on: September 18, 2010, 05:12:03 AM »

Thanks for keeping things updated Caveman. Smiley
You're most welcome, my friend.
Pages: [1]   Go Up